What makes a teacher the proudest ?


In this post we will bring you two different story from two different people answering the question what makes a teacher the proudest. Hope you like it.


1-  I work as a asst. professor in a private university in Chennai. It's a very posh university, with kids from all walks of life. The majority of the students are from the creamy layer. So when i ask a class of 40 students, "how many are interested in photography?", I counted 6 hands.
I got an opportunity to  teaching photography to students in a rural, region of Tamilnadu (India).  A class of 60 people, who have never touched a camera before. I asked them the same question, "how many were interested in photography ? " I counted 60 hands. I mean 60.
We were discussing photography for a few hours and then, it was time for lunch break and the students refused to go to lunch saying that, they have this opportunity, for only a single day and they don't want to miss any part of it. I was awestruck.
What made me happy was, in the beginning of the class I had taught them a few different ways to wrap the camera around the arm. At the end of the class when they were taking photos of certificate distribution, I saw something similar to this.
(image for representation purpose)
A student who has never touched a DSLR camera before, wrapping the camera around his hand, while taking a photo.
That is when I knew I had made a change.
So the proudest moment is not when you get your PhD, not when you get wished by numerous students, not when you present your first international paper, it is when you know, you have impacted the life of a child/student in a positive manner, that is my proudest moment, I'll cherish it forever.
All rights to this answer belongs to:
Previous
Next Post »
0 Comment